"so I says to Mable..."
 

Mac Down

November 24, 2010

This is not the post I was originally planning for today, but my Mac decided to start acting up. I got back from lunch and could hear a loud whirring noise coming from the direction of my cubicle, immediately I suspected it was coming from my laptop and upon confirmation I decided to shut it down. I let it rest for a while [not really sure why I thought that would work] but every time I turned it back on it sounded like I was turning over a really beat up engine, which although is kind of cool wasn't what I wanted to hear from my computer.

Naturally, I bought some tools [31-in-1 screwdriver thingie] and opened up my laptop. I'm pretty sure that the problem is coming from the fan, and while it doesn't seem like it's a constant problem [it decided it wants to be good right now] I still think I'm going to have to replace the fan. This is both good and bad, good because it means I have another blog post idea, but bad because I'm in no way certified to be doing this sort of thing. There is no better evidence of this than the fact that I already have an "extra part".

I've setup a twitter account for myself [@ramosisms] but for now I don't plan on doing much with it other than tweeting when I have a new post up, which I'm hoping will be two to three times a week.