"so I says to Mable..."
 

Konami Code

December 11, 2010

So after seeing more and more sites add the konami code, I wanted to see how hard it would be to do the same for this blog.

After doing a bit of googling, I found out that adding the konami code to your site is a lot easier than I thought because someone has done most of the work and is hosting it on google code. This means that all I had to do is write a link to the code and define what I want the "cheat" to be.

Originally I wanted to have the "yeeeaaah" sound from CSI:Miami to play since I figured it would be helpful to have for all the bad puns I make, still missing the glasses though. Some googling led me to an awesome site developed just for this purpose. I figured I would look at their source and figure out how I could make the clip the cheat for successfully entering the konami code. Halfway through the work, however, I felt that this wouldn't be as cool as I originally thought, so I was back to the drawing board.

As I stared at my browser for inspiration I noticed my kick ass bookmarklet. Essentially, this bookmarklet makes the site your visiting a sort of asteroids game. Since it all works on javascript I figured that it would load faster and be better than playing an mp3.

In the end this little project wasn't much of a coding exercise as a copy and paste one, but oh well. Go ahead and try it out though, enter the konami code and have fun shooting your way around my blog.

In case you don't know, the konami code is:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Enter